BIBS Family Support Workers (x2) Neonatal (job share)
Salary: £28,000 FTE pro-rata (actual pay £8,000)
Hours: 10 per week, split over 3 days. 9am to 12noon whilst on unit.
Additional hour each week is for handover, report writing etc.
Work alongside your fellow BIBS Family Support Worker to:
• provide emotional support to family of babies admitted to Buscot Neonatal Unit or Transitional Care within Maternity
• build trust with and listen to families and advocate for continuous improvements in the provision of Family Integrated Care (FiCare)
• initiate and host a weekly community-based peer-support & play group service for local families of babies discharged from neonatal care
• act as an ambassador for BIBS charity and provide monthly reports demonstrating the impact of the family support provided.
Brief Person Specification
Whilst we are open to applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds, a relevant qualification, training or experience in counselling, therapy/psychotherapy, or other relevant qualification in midwifery or neonatal nursing is highly desirable.
Other, essential experience knowledge and qualities for this role are:
• Awareness and/or experience of neonatal care and the challenges faced by families of babies within neonatal care.
• Good knowledge of Family Integrated Care and a strong desire to ensure continuous improvements in this practice within the neonatal care setting.
• A compassionate, caring and nurturing approach to working with families.
• An accomplished and confident communicator – able to build trust-based relationships with families and health professionals alike.
• A self-starter, with initiative and drive. Equally comfortable working independently, but also working as a team with your fellow BIBS colleagues and RBH staff.
If this sounds like you – please read the full job description and person specification in the file attached below. We would love to hear from you!
Closing Date: 31st July 2022
How to apply
Please email your CV – and a covering letter outlining how you feel you meet the criteria in the full person specification – to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held on Thursday 11th August at the Royal Berkshire Hospital.