Justgiving makes fundraising quick and easy, and if you are a UK taxpayer Justgiving will ensure we receive any available Gift Aid. You can help BIBS through Justgiving either by making a one off or regular donation to BIBS, or you can use Justgiving to create a donation page for your own campaign. To donate directly, now, visit http://www.justgiving.com/bibsbabies, otherwise please read on to find out more:
Using Justgiving to support your fundraising really is very easy, and it has a number of advantages:
- You don’t have to handle the money. This removes responsibility for managing cash away from you, and enables your donors to be sure their payments are going directly to the charity (which is especially helpful if you don’t know them all personally).
- Justgiving manage the reclaiming of any Gift Aid. Declarations are completed on-line by the donor at the time they make their donation and the rest is done by Justgiving, meaning you don’t need to administer any form filling.
- Your donors can pay by credit or debit card at any time, so it is convenient for them.
- Justgiving ensure the funds get to us within one week of a donation being made, so often means we get the money more quickly.
- It can be combined with other traditional fundraising methods, so is flexible if some of your donors would prefer to pay by cheque or other means.
You should be aware that Justgiving do charge a small fee for their services, which in most cases is substantially more than off-set by the Gift Aid reclaimed. For details of the charge levied by Justgiving visit http://www.justgiving.com/info/fees. One way to minimise this fee is to encourage your donors to pay with debit card, rather than credit card.
How Do I Set Up a Justgiving Page?
Just follow these simple steps:
- Click on http://www.justgiving.com/bibsbabies.
- Select “Make Your Page” from the side menu and follow the instructions.
- You will need a Justgiving account. If you don’t already have one you will need to enter a few personal details when prompted.
- You will need to include a closing date for your page. The default setting is usually many months away so you may want to change this to be relevant to your particular activity or event.
- You will have an option for thank you emails to be sent to your donors on your behalf. BIBS would ask you to ensure you do this and that you thank people on our behalf. We do not have access to each of your donors’ contact details to thank them personally for their support so we are relying on you to help us with this.
- If you have any questions regarding our charity as you are following the on-screen instructions just and we’ll be delighted to help out.
- Once your page has been set up be sure to personalise it with your story and photographs. This helps potential donors understand why raising funds is so important to you, and to us.
As soon as your page has been created you can start receiving (and making!) donations.
You will have the option to publicise your page through Justgiving with widgets for webpages and social networking sites. If you would like our help in publicising your site just .
You can set yourself a fundraising target so that people can see what you are trying to achieve and how you are doing against your target. You can update the amount you have raised off-line so that your total raised is accurate if people have donated using other methods.
You can update your page at anytime to change the narrative if you have more news to share, or to add photos at a later date.
What Should I Do Once I Have Completed my Fundraising Activities?
Depending on how long your page is open for, you may not need to do anything but let the page expire as scheduled. If you want to close your page early, just follow the on-screen instructions to cancel your page.
Please ensure you have thanked your donors on our behalf as we do not always have access to individual donors’ details to contact them directly.
Feel free to get in touch with us if you would like to know how the funds you have raised are being spent, or if you would like to discuss any aspect of how we are spending the money.
Thank you again on behalf of BIBS and everyone connected with Buscot Ward – your support is invaluable!