BIBS is run wholly by volunteers donating both their time and resources in order to keep admin costs as low as possible. We are always grateful to receive donations – however small – in order to continue supporting families and providing equipment. More details of how we spend the money are available.
Anyone can raise funds for BIBS. There’s a part for everybody to play. If you’d like to get involved you are very welcome to organise something amongst yourselves, or and we’ll help get you started.
What Do I Need To Know?
- Our charity number is 1168487. Please share this with those you are collecting from so they can be sure of where the money is going and exactly who they are helping by making a donation.
- Gift Aid enables tax relief for donations made by UK taxpayers, meaning your valuable donations can be worth even more to us. For details of Gift Aid and how to ensure your donations are maximized please visit our dedicated page on Gift Aid
- Many people choose to use the online charity website Justgiving to manage their fundraising. Justgiving is very easy to use and enables donors to make payments direct to us, meaning you don’t have to handle the money. And they claim back the tax for us. If you would like to use Justgiving to support your fundraising activities, the Justgiving page has more information and a link to the site.
We would be delighted to help with your fundraising in any way we can. If you need ideas, our support or help with raising awareness of your activities just , and even if you don’t need our help we always love to hear about the great fundraising activities that you are involved with!
What Else Can I Do?
Please take a look at some of our fund-raising ideas and details of current fundraising activities.
Knitting: The hospital needs help to knit items of clothing for the babies. We have a range of patterns from very premature to newborn size, so if you want one then and we will arrange for these to be sent to you and let you what to do next!
Get involved with BIBS: In addition to fundraising, we are always looking for volunteers with experience of the unit to get involved with the committee, to provide support to other parents and/or help with the running of the charity. If you would be interested in finding out how you might be able to get involved with BIBS (with no obligations!) please have a read of our volunteering information.
Can I Make a One-off Donation?
Of course you can! The easiest ways to make a donation to BIBS are:
- By credit or debit card using our Justgiving site. This is quick and easy, and if you are a UK taxpayer Justgiving will ensure we receive any available Gift Aid. To use Justgiving either access the site directly at http://www.justgiving.com/bibsbabies, or click for more information.
- By us sending a cheque address to BIBS, along with a completed Gift Aid form (if appropriate). Please send your cheques (with your name and contact details, please!) to Babies In Buscot Support, Buscot Ward, Royal Berkshire Hospital, Craven Road, Reading, RG1 5AW.
One Last Thing
You’ll probably never meet most of the babies and families who will benefit from your fundraising, but be assured that they are very grateful that you care enough to do it. From them and from us, thank you.